Feb 20, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things™: Wedding Workouts

How to Get Rid of Things™
A do-it-yourself guide dedicated to helping you prevent or remove common annoyances from your life.
Wedding Workouts
Feb 21st 2013, 04:01

Wedding WorkoutsVery little inspires you to get in shape more than getting married. You're going to be all dolled up while hundreds of your friends and family stare at you and someone is paid to take a million pictures of you that will be hanging on your wall for all eternity. You want to look amazing.

My own wedding is just over 3 months away (eek!) and this is one of the million things on my to-do list before then. I'm generally in pretty decent running shape, so my leg definition isn't too shabby, but my arms are another story. The only definition to be found there is in the ridges of my bones. Attractive, I know. I started actually caring about my upper body fitness about a year ago when I first joined a yoga class and my pathetically weak arms couldn't handle some poses. I've already improved since then, but like so many other brides, I'm getting serious about my fitness.

Some good upper body workouts don't even require extra equipment. When I first added push-ups to my routine, I only did five. Now I can do ten standard push-ups and ten yoga push-ups no problem. Yoga push-ups (or chaturanga) are similar to standard push-ups, except they work your triceps. Start in a plank with your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor and keep your arms tucked into your side as you lower to the ground. If it's too tough to do a full one, you can drop down to your knees before lowering your upper body.

Some more yoga moves that are great for your back and shoulders are cobra and upward facing dog. For cobra, lie on your stomach with your hands flat on the floor under your shoulders with your arms close by your sides. Lift only your head, shoulders, and chest off the floor and hold for a few seconds before lowering back down. Upward facing dog is just a more intense version, where you also straighten your arms for a deeper bend in your back (see photo). Rinse and repeat whichever variation you choose.

Another good one for the backs of your arms starts with a chair. Sit on the edge of the chair with your feet together on the floor. Place your hands at your sides on the seat of the chair and lower yourself toward the floor and then raise yourself back up. Same as with the push-ups, start with just a few repititions and work your way up. Doing just one or two of these exercises every day will only take a few minutes and hopefully get me ready for that wedding dress.

The post Wedding Workouts appeared first on How to Get Rid of Things™.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women