Jan 30, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things™: Explosions of the Heart, Part 2

How to Get Rid of Things™
A do-it-yourself guide dedicated to helping you prevent or remove common annoyances from your life.
Explosions of the Heart, Part 2
Jan 30th 2013, 15:55

Explosions of the Heart, Part 2While at the Saint Paul Media office the next day I missed a call from my NP. She left a message asking me to call her back, so I did. She, of course, wasn't available. I did not, however, hold this against her. Clinics are busy places. I did, however, leave a message for her to call me back, which she did. I, of course, wasn't available, so she left a message. She wanted me to come in so we could talk about my cholesterol. So I called the clinic back, and much to my great surprise, she wasn't available. So I set up an appointment for the following Monday at 8:30am (it was currently Thursday), was told I couldn't drink for 72 hours before my appointment and I couldn't eat for 12 hours before it. That's when I started to freak out.

I knew what I had to do in preparation this time, but they gave me very little information in regards to my health, and it seemed important to them that I came back in. Quickly. So yeah, I was a little freaked. Was I in immediate danger? Was my heart actually that ticking time bomb we always hear about? I had no way to know, so I called them back again. No luck. My NP was in a meeting and the best thing we could do was to leave her a message and have her call me back, which she did, but not until the next day, which means I had to go over 24 hours wondering if I was gonna expire if I looked at a piece of bacon wrong.

When the call came on Friday, I was informed that my cholesterol was indeed high, but that I was not about to die. And that, as you may have guessed, was quite a relief. All I had to do, then, was wait until Monday to find out what horridly expensive cholesterol medication I was about to get put on. I also, unfortunately, had to go through my weekend without enjoying a single drop of beer. Bummer.

When my beerless weekend came to an end and Monday morning came truckin' around, I roused myself from bed with just barely enough time to get dressed, brush my teeth, and get to my appointment. I planned it this way so as to minimize the length of time I would have to be awake without having any coffee.

Upon arrival to the clinic, things progressed much as they had the first time I was there. Too much. I checked in, sat down, stared at fish, got called, got up, got weighed…….Weighed? Yeah, weighed. Again. I thought it seemed odd, seeing as this had been done just a few days earlier, but I went with it. And, wouldn't you know it, I gained my couple pounds back (note to self: stop drinking water). After my weigh-in, I got back together with the European ice princess, lost a little more of my blood, and went to the exam room where the nurse (the same one I had just a few days earlier) was waiting for me. She immediately instructed me to take off my jacket so she could check my blood pressure.

Me: ""Do we need to do this? I was just here like three days ago."
Nurse: "You don't want me to check you over?"
Me: "If you need to, that's fine, but we really did just do this a few days ago."
Nurse: "OK. Let me go check with your doctor."

And that was the last I ever saw of her; yet one more example of the severe lack of communication that the various branches of that clinic suffer from.

The post Explosions of the Heart, Part 2 appeared first on How to Get Rid of Things™.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women