Jan 17, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things: Let’s Hear It For the Boy

How to Get Rid of Things
Let's Hear It For the Boy
Jan 18th 2013, 03:59

Why is it that yoga has become a "woman" thing? The instructor at the last yoga class I went to was a young guy about my age, and it surprised me. And then I felt bad for being surprised that a 20-something guy would be into yoga. Why shouldn't he like yoga? Of course he can like yoga! He should like yoga. Everyone should, it's great! See, I'm not sexist.

Not that I am any kind of expert, but of the handful of yoga studios I've tried out, the students are overwhelmingly female, and probably half or so of them are around middle aged. The guys that I have seen in class tend to be with their wife/lady-friend. Then there are the brave, the few, the proud, that are in there on their own. And all my yoga instructors have been female, except one middle-aged man. With that as my experience, yeah I was surprised at a young, male instructor. And he did a great job—his routine was challenging, yet calming, and he knew what he was talking about.

Why don't more young guys enjoy yoga? Does it have to involve shouting, bloodshed, or beer to be considered a manly athletic activity? You try balancing all of your weight on your hands, your legs propped up on your elbows and your butt sticking up in the air. I bet you can't even visualize what I'm talking about (see above photo). It's pretty stinking hard. And you know there will be a room full of girls in stretchy pants doing said pose. So why aren't there more guys in yoga class? As long as you aren't creepy, you might even be able to score a number.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women