Feb 14, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things™: Valentine’s Day: A Homerun and a Strikeout

How to Get Rid of Things™
A do-it-yourself guide dedicated to helping you prevent or remove common annoyances from your life.
Valentine's Day: A Homerun and a Strikeout
Feb 14th 2013, 21:38

Valentines day 1In the nearly five years that we've been together, Dan and I really haven't done much for Valentine's Day. Making a nice meal together or going out for dinner sometime within the week before or after the holiday has seemed to be enough of a celebration for us. I could tell you it’s because we don’t like to support the commercialization of these days, but that’s not really the case. It’s mostly because when you have kids, you look at the prices of products you want and think to yourself, how many diapers/school lunches/outfits/or any other necessities could that much money pay for? Most of the time, when looked at through that perception, those products you want really don’t seem all that worth their cost anymore.

But last night, while I was at work, he sent me a text saying to check my email. In my inbox was a receipt for two tickets for the upcoming Dropkick Murphys show at the Myth. Since we really hadn't gotten much for each other in the past (he did get me a remote starter for my car a few years ago, but that's still sitting in the package and will likely never be installed), I wasn't prepared to get him anything. And nothing that I could just run and pick up today would equal an evening with the Dropkick Murphys.

So I decided to not buy him a gift at all. Maybe I'll find him something better than normal for his birthday this summer. Instead, I decided to make him something to snack on while I'm at work tonight, because cooking while caring for our son can be pretty much impossible sometimes. I had come across some instructions for heart-shaped hard boiled eggs a few weeks ago and thought they seemed pretty cool. He's not really into heart-shaped stuff, but it's Valentine's Day and he can get over that. The instructions seemed pretty simple, but for some reason I totally forgot that not only am I not good at making food, I'm also a fool when it comes to arts and crafts. I completely destroyed a couple of them, but turned out somewhat like they were supposed to.

Valentines day 2

The attempted heart-shaped eggs. Hey, it’s the effort that counts, right?

The post Valentine’s Day: A Homerun and a Strikeout appeared first on How to Get Rid of Things™.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women