Feb 13, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things™: How to Unfriend People on Facebook

How to Get Rid of Things™
A do-it-yourself guide dedicated to helping you prevent or remove common annoyances from your life.
How to Unfriend People on Facebook
Feb 14th 2013, 01:04

How to Unfriend People on FacebookIf you’ve ever been to the Facebook Page for How to Get Rid of Things, you’ve probably noticed that the #1 question that people ask us is “How do you delete people on Facebook?” Lucky for you, this process is a piece of cake. I actually just unfriended my brother Leif a couple weeks ago. He pissed me off. I won’t go into the details here, but I informed him that he could earn my Friendship back by buying me a beer. I’m still waiting. In the meantime, let me help all of you people out there delete your unwanted Facebook Friends.

How to delete friends from Facebook:

  1. Go to Facebook.
  2. Locate your name in the upper left corner of the Facebook Homepage. It is next to the thumbnail of your profile pic.
  3. Click your name.
  4. This takes you to your Timeline.
  5. In the right column of your Timeline, find the box that is labeled “Friends”. It should be the 2nd box down, below the “Activity” box.
  6. Click on the word “Friends”.
  7. A page with all of your friends pops up.
  8. Locate the Friend you want to dispose of.
  9. To the right of that Friend’s picture, there is a box that has a check mark next to the word “Friends”. Hover your cursor over that little box.
  10. A menu will automatically drop down below that box.
  11. At the very bottom of that menu is the word “Unfriend”. Click it while laughing maniacally.
  12. A box will then pop up in the middle of your screen wanting you to confirm that you’re doing what it seems like you’re doing.
  13. Click the button that says “Remove from Friends”.
  14. A new box will pop up that says your friend has been removed. Click the button that says “Okay”, and carry on with your day.

If you’re hesitant about deleting someone completely, you have another option that I’m quite fond of, and that is to simply make it so their notifications don’t show up in your News Feed. This way, you’re still Friends with the person, you just no longer have to see any of the irritating crap that they post. To do this, follow steps 1-10, and then, instead of going down to “Unfriend”, just go down to “Show in News Feed”. It’s easy to find; it’s in bold and has a check next to it. Once you’ve found it, click it, and your life will be just a little brighter.

Another thing I like to do is to limit what I see from people. Some people get on Facebook and Like or Comment on 8,000 things a day. That gets annoying. I don’t give a crap if my old highschool chum (who I wasn’t actually friends with back then, yet am now somehow Friends with now) Likes a picture of a banana with a smiley face on it. Really, I don’t care. But sometimes that Friend does post some interesting Status Updates so I don’t want to hide them completely. In cases like this, follow steps 1-10 again, go down to “Settings”, click it, and start picking and choosing what kind of stuff you want to see from them. It’s a pretty fantastic feature.

I hope this helps and please leave me a comment if there’s anything else you might need help with.

Peace out,

eric

 

The post How to Unfriend People on Facebook appeared first on How to Get Rid of Things™.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women