Feb 6, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things™: Starting a Home Gym

How to Get Rid of Things™
A do-it-yourself guide dedicated to helping you prevent or remove common annoyances from your life.
Starting a Home Gym
Feb 7th 2013, 03:13

photo(28)My dog doesn't care for winter much. She may look like a diva in that getup, but it's the only way we can go for walks when it gets cold. Can't say that I'm a fan of the cold either, so even though I say I'm a winter runner, there is no way I'm going out there when it's below zero. It also seems that only about every third house in my neighborhood knows how to use a shovel, so my running schedule has been cut seriously short. Luckily there are a lot of inexpensive ways to build a small home gym that will do in a pinch.

Some things you don't even have to pay for. Sounds lame, but crunches, push-ups and jumping jacks are always an option. And then there are the variations of those moves that can work different muscles, too. YouTube is your friend to learn those. If you live in a multistory house, you can run stairs. And if you're comfortable with your moves, turn up some music and shake a tail feather. Totally counts.

If you don't have any exercise equipment to speak of at home, either head to your favorite superstore, Goodwill, or your parent's house to dig around in the basement. I actually started jumping rope again recently after I found one at my dad's house. Besides being a decent cardio workout, it also makes me feel like I'm eight again, which is a great mood booster.

My favorite home exercise, as you might guess, is yoga, with my second favorite being the balance ball. You'll need one or two good videos for each of these activities to start, and then you can pick up more as you master the ones you have. Yoga mats and balance balls are pretty inexpensive if you don't get fancy ones, but some of the nicer ones do come with videos or other equipment that can be handy. The balance ball I picked out last year was about $30 and came with a resistance band and a video with four workouts, which I'm still not sick of. There are all kinds of other exercise videos you can try out, too. I would suggest scouring YouTube for good videos before buying any. Why spend money when the Internet is full of free information? If nothing else, it will give you an idea of what kind of video you should get.

Not all home gyms have be full of fancy, expensive equipment. That would be amazing, but completely unnecessary to keep in shape. Picking out just one or two things off of my list to start will do just fine. If you stick with a routine, that is.

The post Starting a Home Gym appeared first on How to Get Rid of Things™.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women