Jan 24, 2013

How to Get Rid of Things™: Out With the Old

How to Get Rid of Things™
A do-it-yourself guide dedicated to helping you prevent or remove common annoyances from your life.
Out With the Old
Jan 25th 2013, 04:03

After nearly 13 months, my son has finally just about outgrown his infant car seat. I've been worried about reaching this point for a while now — not because I'm scared that he’s growing up but because, so far, it’s been a pain finding a seat that will work in my small car (a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire).

When we brought Dylan home from the hospital, we realized how much room his infant seat really took. My boyfriend insisted we wait until he was born to install the seat for the comfort of his other two children. When we got in and found that our knees had to be against the dashboard in order to have the seat properly installed, we knew that it wasn’t going to work for us. The next day we went out and found the smallest high quality seat we could. Our new Chicco Keyfit 30 ended up being a perfect fit in my little car. I have no complaints about this seat as it has been very easy to install in numerous cars and has been a breeze to adjust as Dylan has grown. He is still well below the 30-pound weight limit but is getting too tall to safely stay in it.

So for the past two months or so, I've been researching convertible car seats. If I had to guess I'd say I've spent over eighty hours reading reviews and comparing seats. I've finally narrowed my search down to a handful of seats that should work best for our son, car, and budget. I think.

I've had enough of online research and blankly staring at seats in stores, so sometime in the next few days here we’ll be making our way to Babies R Us to try some seats out and find the best convertible car seat for our little man. If anyone who reads this needs to find some gear for a little one in their life, now is the perfect time to head to BRU. Until February 10, you can trade in an old piece of gear in exchange for a 25% off coupon that can be used on the purchase of something new (there are some exceptions, of course). We’ll be bringing our original infant seat in and hoping to get a good deal on a quality seat that’ll fit in my car without making everyone uncomfortable.

The post Out With the Old appeared first on How to Get Rid of Things™.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

HotModels

Hotgirls

HotPictures

Hottest Women